Thursday, July 19, 2012

Where Is the Rain?

We were very hopeful when we heard the forecast the past couple of days. We were even MORE hopeful when we saw the radar on the early morning news....there was some very much-needed rain heading our way!

Mr. Dizzy called me from the parking lot at his workplace to let me know it was starting to sprinkle. I had to drive to work this morning with my windshield wipers on (heck, I was wondering if I even remembered how to turn the darn things on!). I walked through the the parking lot on my way into the building and got my hair wet. And did't care about it one bit.

But then? Shortly after that? The rain stopped. Just dissipated.

And what does the radar show now? Any rain showing is south of us, and moving to the southeast. And the forecast? Sunny and in the 90's for the next 10 days.

This is not good. Not at all.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this drought will run it's course soon. We need the moisture badly! The crops in farmer's fields are ruined, and our yard (and my poor flowers!) are dead to the world. Can't water anything, because we have to be careful that our well doesn't go dry.

Pray for us. And I am praying for rain, and soon.

No comments: