Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics Opening Ceremonies Commentary

I have been thinking about this ever since watch the Opening Ceremonies Friday night. Something about them was really bothering me, and I didn't know if it was just me, or if anyone else felt the same way. So yesterday I did a Google search, and found out that I am definitely not alone.....

Matt Lauer, Meredith Viera, and Bob Costas were the NBC commentators for the ceremonies. And my thoughts and feelings are echoed in the following article linked below:

http://www.examiner.com/article/nbc-commentary-of-the-london-olympics-opening-ceremony-deemed-offensive

Matt and Meredith showed their ignorance in their prattling on about the scenarios of London's history, with no end to the snarky comments. And when Bob Costas took her place, it didn't get any better. Matt and Bob seemed to take great delight in slamming other countries and their athletes.

In fact, it was so bad, that on Twitter one of the most popular hashtags is #shutupmattlauer. And it has been getting a LOT of traffic, believe me. Check it out. Post to it and add your thoughts. I intend to.

I am ashamed and embarrassed. They not only showed their lack of professionalism, but were an embarrassment to the entire NBC Network, and made the entire United States look bad. Matt Lauer and Bob Costas showed their ignorance, and as for Meredith Viera, she just proved to me all over again what a Snarky Bitch she is.

NBC Network owes London an apology. And all three of the commentators should be suspended from the games. Get someone else in there who can behave themselves with some decorum, and who is willing to do their research on the games and act professionally.

I for one am very sorry, and if anyone from London ever happens to read this blog post, please realize that not all Americans are like they are. If Matt, Meredith and Bob are too stupid to feel ashamed of themselves for their behavior, that's on them. There are many more of us who are not that way, and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments: