Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Urge to Start Cooking Again

With the high temps we have been experiencing, I have not had any desire to cook. Not at all. Even with the A/C on, the thought of turning on the oven just did not appeal to me.

But now that the triple-digit temps have diminished, I am getting the itch to do some cooking, and have seen some new recipes that are calling to me. For example:

Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins at The Londoner blog look just plain yummy. Must try for a weekend breakfast soon.

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies on Lick the Bowl Good blog are a definite must. A cookie within a cookie; who can resist?

Bacon Double Cheeseburger Dip on Cooking With Mel blog. It might be an appetizer, but I'm thinking about making this for a light lunch or supper with a nice salad on the side. Bacon, burger, and cheese - - what's not to love?

I definitely intend to try these and a couple other recipes in the near future. And, of course, if they turn out well, they will be added to my recipe blog, Cookin' In the Kitchen with Dizzy.

So stay tuned for updates!

No comments: