Sunday, July 15, 2012

Strange Sunday

Today is kind of a strange day.....Mr. Dizzy is scheduled for a routine medical procedure tomorrow, and today has to have nothing but clear liquids. I feel pretty strange trying to eat around him, because I don't want to tempt him! So earlier today when I had to run a couple of errands, I got a small quick snack and got it gulped down before I got back home. For lunch, I heated up a can of chicken noodle soup, strained out the noodles and chicken, and he got the broth. I sat there with him and ate the noodles. He has plenty of Sierra Mist, water and fruit juices to drink, and lots of Jello he can eat. For suppertime, I will more than likely just make a quick sandwich and eat it out of sight from him.

Damn, I hate this......*sigh*

But tomorrow? After we are back home and the procedure is done? He will be sleeping off the rest of the anesthesia, and I will make him some Nutella-Swirled Banana Bread. Hopefully the smell of baking Banana Bread will tempt him into wanting something to eat! And we have already decided that for lunch, it's KFC - - they have the new Original Recipe Chicken Bites, and the Sunday paper had a coupon for buy one-get one free. So there is lunch!  :)

Here's to having today get over with soon, and tomorrow having everything go smoothly. We both cannot wait to get it done over with!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

All the best to your hubby. I recall the not being able to eat comfy in from of my husband and it was horrible. Enjoy the feast later!! Thanks for visiting my blog and chatting about the chickens. It made my day!