Thursday, June 28, 2012

NaBloPoMo June - Day 28 - Meds (Again)

Okay, this is going to get ugly.

I posted about my HRT meds situation here and here, and was hoping that all would turn out well.

Well, it hasn't. And now I'm going ballistic.

When I got my prescription transferred over to CVS from Walgreen's, the pharmacy tech told me that they would fill the balance of my order for that month when I needed it, near the end of the month. I thought that was a bit strange, but figured it might have had something to do with the fact that I was a brand new CVS customer, and had never gotten prescriptions filled there before. She assured me - - she PROMISED me - - that she was going to take those 10 pills and put them back with my name on them so that they would be there for me when I needed them. She said she was going to do that "right now."

She PROMISED me.

She LIED.

Last night on my way home from a hair appointment, I went by CVS to get the balance of the prescription, since I was down to 3 pills. The young man checked records, shelves, everywhere.....no pills. Nothing with my name on them. And the other balance of the pills they had in stock previously? Gone. None left, including the 10 that were supposedly reserved and held back for me.

He called 2 other CVS stores, none of them have the pills in stock. Checking computer records, it shows that they are on "Hold" and that they cannot be reordered until September. He then checked my previous med, Cenestin, and said he had 30 of those in stock, but their status was also on "Hold" and could not be reordered until September.

I am NOT a happy camper here. I mean, what the hell is the deal? I know I can't be the only woman in the world who has to take the plant-derived HRT because my system doesn't tolerate the animal-derived version. I KNOW I'M NOT.

His only other suggestion was that I could "call around" and try to find it. Like I can spend the whole damn day at work calling pharmacies to try and find some of the pills, only to have to redo the whole thing again in another month? And keep having to transfer my prescription from pharmacy to pharmacy? That is just NOT going to happen.

This morning I called my Doctor and talked with her. She said they have some Enjuvia at their office, and I need to contact them tomorrow and see what we can work out. So at least I can have some pills for a short duration until we can come up with some sort of game plan.

This is not going to be fun.

No comments: