Friday, June 15, 2012

NaBloPoMo June - Day 15 - Conference

Well, the conference is finished. The Keynote Speaker was a wonderful fellow, very nice, very personable, but as a speaker? Not very motivational. He is definitely a "policy" guy, and giving a report in a board room he would probably be in his element. But motivational? Sorry, the session was lacking.....but I'm sure a lot of folks in the audience got some good information out of it. Just not my cup of tea.

I did attend a session on social issue theater productions that was absolutely fantastic! The presenter was very dynamic, engaged her audience, and did a wonderful job. LOVED that session!

The lunch? Um - - probably better left unsaid. (Actually, it probably would have been better left uneaten. Yes, it was THAT bad.)

The problem with me attending this conference? I worked it for so many years, and have very strong feelings on how it should be run. But, since I am out of the loop, I have no say in things, nor do I want a say in anything! But it still bugs me to sit there and see the way some things are done, and know how different it used to be.

All in all, it's not a bad conference, but it could definitely use some changes in procedures. Just my humble opinion.

No comments: