Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NaBloPoMo June - Day 27 - Wednesday

Kind of a random day - - nothing terribly notable about it, just a "random" sort of day. So I guess this is going to be a "random" sort of post.
  • This evening is the June Culinary Arts Dinner, and to go with a Summer theme, it is a Barbeque. The menu sounds fantastic: Smoked Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Grilled Sausage and Peppers, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, and Macaroni and Cheese. All food is prepared and presented by the Culinary Arts students, under direct tutelage of the Chefs. I made reservations for myself and Mr. Dizzy, who will be meeting me here at the College at 5:00.
  • Immediately following dinner, Mr. Dizzy heads home and I head downtown to the salon to get my hair cut. Not trimmed - - CUT. I have hair to my shoulders, and love it at this length. However, my hair is VERY thick. Good ol' Italian hair....thick, and HOT. And we are under a heat advisory for the next week (well, it IS Summer, after all!). Today it will hit the mid-90's, tomorrow they are forecasting triple-digit temps. As in 100+. Hair is coming off, and staying shorter for the rest of the Summer season!
  • I am in Week 4 of my online class, and my attention span is not what is should be. Too many distracting "ooh shiny!" moments. Such as last night....at the computer, my article summary called up on the monitor, textbook, article, and assignment directions spread out on the desk in front of me - - suddenly covered by big, fat, black kitty belly. Lil Dude decided that his belly was WAY more important than any piddly homework Mom was trying to do! No matter what I said, no matter what I did, he laid there, belly exposed, eyes imploring me to rub his belly...."It will make you feel better, Mom." Really it will!" You know, he was right. Homework got packed up and put away until this morning. Funny how work at my office is actually less distracting than kitty belly!
Hope everyone is prepared for the hot weather tomorrow. Stay inside where it is cool and safe if you possibly can. And be sure your animals are safe as well!

No comments: