Wednesday, July 23, 2008

24 Years Ago . . . (pt. 5)

Sunday came, and was busy as usual, and the date from the night before just kind of faded into a pleasant memory. I kept myself busy and decided NOT think about it any more. And I was succeeding beautifully. Until . . .

The following day - - when I got home from work and found a delivery from a local florist . . . a white milk glass vase with 2 red roses, and a card saying what a nice time he had on our date.

Ohhhhhhh my . . .

As I was standing there, shell-shocked, the phone rang. It was "the man", asking about my day. I kind of stammered into the phone, then apologized and told him I had just gotten home and gotten the delivery from the florist, and thanked him. He said he just wanted me to know that he really did enjoy getting to know me, and would I mind getting together again? I said that would be fine (well, what else COULD I say while holding flowers from him in my hand?) - - we chatted a few more minutes, then hung up.

I just sat there, thinking about the nice time we had, and the conversations we were having, and thought, "Maybe I need to give this one a second look."

And so I did . . .

And yes, there is MORE! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. And if you HADN'T given him a second look.....sometimes our lives lead us RIGHT where it's supposed to!