Sunday, April 06, 2008

Things Are Coming Along . . . Slowly

Dad's "Road Trip" Saturday went very well! It was a beautiful day - - sunny, warm (upper 60's!), and just a great day for a drive.

Our first stop was his house. I told him to SIT DOWN and RELAX and just enjoy being in his own house for a bit. Well, he did just that! I left him there, sorting a huge stack of mail, while I ran his errands - - pharmacy, bank, Walmart - - and then came back to the house to take him to get a haircut. Once he was all "beautified" (he really rolled his eyes at THAT one!) we headed back on the road back to my house.

All together we were probably gone about 3-1/2 hours. By the time we got back home, he was pretty tired out, but happy to have gotten out of the house, and to be able to spend some time in his own home.

Next weekend we are going to do it again (minus the haircut). I think getting out once in awhile may do him some good.

No comments: