Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Reunion (of sorts)

Were you popular in high school? Well, I wasn't. There were not a lot of people I hung around with at my school, and after Graduation I moved away and haven't spent a whole helluva lot of time in my home town. Oh sure, I go back to visit family and such, and I do make sure to go to every one of my class reunions, but that's about it.

I think that has changed.

There is a group of former classmates who have been meeting for dinner once a month for quite a while. I happened to see one of them at the Mall a couple of weeks ago, and she mentioned this and asked if I would like to join in. Well, I said yes, but was still pretty unsure; as I said, I was NOT popular in high school, didn't run with the crowd, and even thought it's been over THIRTY-FIVE YEARS, those things tend to stick with you. But I said yes anyway.

Tonight was the first dinner that I went to - - and I must say, I had a wonderful time! The conversation was lively, we were able to catch up on some things, and it really was fun. In fact, I'm looking forward to next month's dinner.

It's amazing how much can change over the years . . .

No comments: