Monday, February 04, 2008

FOG, FOG and MORE FOG

Update: What is it with people? It is FOGGY - - REAL FOGGY - - you practically cannot see your hand in front of your face. And yet - - there are freakin' IDIOTS out there who insist on driving their dark-colored cars with NO HEADLIGHTS ON!

Unbelievable.
-----------------------------------------
It is FOGGY out today!

I'm not talking your kinda misty, eerie, wispy tendrils of fog - - I'm talking the DEADLY, CANNOT SEE A DAMN THING type of fog. And the Dense Fog Advisory for our area has been extended until 9 PM tonight.

It's nasty.

Example: I left the office about 1/2 hour ago to make a quick run to the Post Office to mail a package.

I was back to the office within 10 minutes.

No, I don't work that close to the Post Office - - but I COULD NOT SEE. You cannot see the cars in front of you at the stoplight until you are almost hitting them!

Heck, you can't even see the stoplights!

I'm not kidding.

I have cancelled my appointment tonight after work and am heading straight home. The 5 minute drive may take me 20 minutes, but better late than sorry.

If the weather in your area is anything like ours is here today, PLEASE be careful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm here via Eileen.

You know, that kind of fog would scare the crap out of me cause one of my favorite movies is... you guess it, The Fog!

Anonymous said...

The same day the idiot woman who came out of the fog hit me! Why haven't people learned that they're so much safer if they turn their lights on, regardless of the time of day?