Sunday, December 11, 2005

More Crunch "Stuff"

Spent most of the day working on my Semester Final Project.

STILL not done.

I've gone as far as I can with it until I can get together with Faith for some more one-on-one instruction in Flash. I don't know why I'm having such a "mental block" with that program!!

I'm frustrated with the program, the project, and myself at the moment . . .

SO - - enough of that for today! I'll figure it all out tomorrow - - or Tuesday - - or Wednesday - - or . . .

* * * * * * * * * *

Tomorrow morning is our office's Christmas Open House. (Or should I say "Holiday", in order to be "politically correct?" Oh hell - - it's CHRISTMAS - - don't EVEN get me started on being "P.C."!!) Anyway . . . hubby Steve and I went out this morning and hit the local Walmart, picking up holiday plates, cups, napkins, etc. Also bought orange juice. The other two people in the office are bringing muffins and breads. I'll get to the office at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow and start getting everything set up for the 9:00 a.m. start time. I hope we have a good turnout. It's the firsst day of Finals Week, so we should have most of the faculty on campus. I can't think of any of them who would turn down free food . . . :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Went to Springfield yesterday to the Food Mart's Christmas Open House. It's a little Italian grocery/deli in downtown Springfield, just a few blocks from the Capitol Building. I used to go there all time when I worked for the State, and ever since I went to work locally (Decatur), I still make a point of stopping by anytime I'm in the downtown Springfield area. The Pirrera's are wonderful people, and they always have the best Italian foods you can find in the area. They bring in lots of things from New York City, and The Hill (the Italian neighborhood in St. Louis). It was so crowded in that little store yesterday, you could barely move! I'm glad the Open House was a huge success for them this year.

After leaving the Food Mart, I finished a little more Christmas shopping. Went to Penny Lane, a funky shop that is reminiscent of the 60's and 70's "head shops". They have all that kind of stuff, and more - - Southwest items, Dragons and Mythical figures, posters, and incense galore. Neat place. I found the perfect gift for a friend in there. Also went to Petals and Accents, and found a couple of gifts for Luann and Sara. So it was a profitable afternoon!

Then it was back home to work on my Final Project all evening . . . *sigh*

Well, it's off to bed for me. I'm getting up extra early tomorrow so I can get to work extra early.

You all have a good evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I hope you enjoyed that picture I sent you of Renee. I am a very lucky man. Things are going well up here at ONU, my grades are all passing and it is a wonderful feeling to know that I conquered the semester my adviser cringed at! That is right, my adviser advised me not to take all these courses at once. But I HAD to, my academics assured me of this semester, my hardest semester. But I am on pace to win! Good Luck with your project, and I'll see you in a just a week and a half or so!!