Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oh Boy - - Here We Go . . .

Okay - -

After everything that had happened in computer class last night, I could NOT get to sleep . . . tossed and turned and finally dozed off around 1:30 a.m. Hubby Steve's alarm went off at 3:40 a.m., and when he left at 4:30 a.m. for work, I was still awake. So I just got up.

I have been a zombie - - just sleepwalked through the day.

I got to work at 7:30. My first stop after dropping off my stuff at my desk was to talk to Debbie. She took one look at my face and could tell things were not good.

She was right.

For the next 20 minutes or so, we discussed everything that went wrong during the class. I also told her how much it bothered me once I got home, and the amount of sleep I lost over it. She knows me, and knows how much I care about the College and the work I do. She and I both know that whatever we do reflects on the College, good or bad. That class last night was definitely NOT one of our shining moments. She promised to talk to the Training Coordinator over those classes and have that person contact me.

To make a long story short, we were both basically told not to make a big deal out of it, I would be assigned to a different classroom for the second night of the class, and that there was no reason to involve the head of the Division.

THAT was the deciding factor to guarantee that I most definitely WOULD be making a big deal out of it.

You do NOT tell me that short-changing my students and not giving them their hard-earned money's worth is not important, and that I should just back down and not make a "big deal" out of it! Am I supposed to just act as if everything is just fine?

No f ***ing way. Nope, not this lady.

Things are definitely NOT fine. This whole thing is an embarrassment to the College. These are people who are trying to learn a skill, or brush up on a skill, or just get a short taste of what a particular class is like before they consider signing up for a full semester credit class. These are prospective CREDIT STUDENTS, people!!

AND - - they may have kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters - - not to mention friends and neighbors . . . all of whom they could refer to the College IF - - and ONLY IF - - the experience they themselves have is a good one.

Based on what they went through last night - - I would not blame them if they told everyone they met on the street to avoid our institution like the plague.

I have always had a very strong sense of what is right and wrong. I just want done what is RIGHT for our paying customers - - our students - - who are the reason we have our doors open. And some people better damn well start remembering that.

I'm just sayin' . . .

So now for the next step - - tomorrow morning I have a 9:00 a.m. meeting scheduled with the head of the Division. I don't plan on letting HIM back me down either.

Guess my friends are right when they say I have cojones the size of church bells . . . ;-)

The game is on . . . stay tuned . . .

No comments: