Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hunting Widow

I'm a "hunting widow" this weekend. This is the last weekend Dear Hubby Steve can go deer hunting.

So Thursday evening around 6:00 p.m. he took off down South for his final excursion into the woods for this season - - well, for deer, anyway. There is still turkey season coming up . . .

Anyway, he won't be back until Sunday evening. Kinda nice to get him out of my hair for a bit so I can get caught up on some things.

So far, I have cleaned and vacuumed the house, made a double batch of Chex Mix, baked a batch of brownies, made pudding, went to the Gym and then grocery shopping, and finished 2 loads of laundry. I also made great menu plans for Sunday evening and our day off Monday.

Guess I'm trying to keep busy so the time goes faster.

Even though it's nice to have him "out of my hair" so I can get some things done . . .
I miss him, dammit.

*sheesh* Go figure . . .

I'm a big girl - - independent - - strong - - able to handle myself - -

and miserable at the moment.

Hurry home, hon. I miss you - - and the fur-babies miss their daddy.

Can't wait till you get home tomorrow.

But until then - - there are more brownies to bake - - and dishes to wash - - and the rest of the Christmas decorations to put away . . . gotta keep busy.

Anything to make the time go faster so Sunday gets here sooner.


No comments: