Sunday, January 22, 2006

Catch-Up . . .

Yes, I know it has been a few days since my last post. It has been a busy week!

First of all, life in the office is hectic at best. My boss is dealing with some serious health issues at the moment, and this was her last week in the office before an extended absence. So it was a frantic week, with a State report due in by Friday, and a blue ton of "loose ends" to tie up before she left. I'm saying lots of prayers for her speedy recovery - - until then, her Assistant and I will keep the place running like a well-oiled machine (I hope). There may be some overtime involved over the next 4-6 weeks, though, to make sure everything gets done. Wish me luck . . . . *sigh*

I have also been dealing with an ear infection! That is something I have not had since early childhood! So it was off to the Doctor for an antibiotic and - - *shudder* - - ear drops.

Damn. I hate ear drops.

They don't HURT - - they just feel SO. DARNED. WEIRD.

They plug up your ear. You can't hear a darned thing. They just feel - - well, WEIRD.

Oh well - - just a few more days, and that part is over . . .

Dear Hubby Steve and I also lost a good friend this past week. She was admitted into the hospital on New Years Day with complications from an infection in her system. They were not sure what was causing it, but finally found something that they felt was of concern, and did surgery. Unfortunately, the infection did not clear up, and they could not find what else might be causing it. She passed away last Monday evening. She was only 47 years old, and one of the sweetest people you could every be lucky enough to meet.

Rest in Peace, Pam. You will be greatly missed by everyone.

Well, that is about it. Dear Hubby and I have been listing some things for sale on eBay this evening, but I wanted to take a few minutes to catch up on everything that has been happening. So now it's time to get back to listing items!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by - - I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on how things are going in the office - - it should be quite "interesting", to say the least! :-)



No comments: