Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yes, I Know . . .

It's been awhile since I posted - - actually, a lot longer than I had meant for it to be.

The reason? Burn-out. Sheer, total burn-out.

Things at work have been busy, things at home have been hectic, the other house STILL has not sold, the dishwasher died, Dad's surgery procedures (yes, PLURAL) are coming up this month . . . the stress has just been piling up lately, and it's really been affecting me.

Add to all this that I have over 3-1/2 weeks of vacation time accrued, and almost 225 sick hours accumulated, and you can see that there have been no breaks for this girl.

So last week I had a long talk with my boss and told him very frankly that I was not doing well. We decided a little mini-vacation was in order for me, so I put in my request for this past Friday and Monday off.

Oh man - - that is JUST what the doctor ordered!

It was funny - - I had all these little 'projects' around the house that I have been wanting to do, and I was like, "I can work on this one, and do some stuff on this one over here, and start on that one . . . "

Reality - - I sat on my ass on the couch and pet the cats and napped for four days!

And it was good.

I went back to work Tuesday feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world - - or at least my little corner of it!

So I am back, and have LOTS of things to post about. So be watching!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, it's just what the doctor ordered!

xxxx said...

Ohhh, I am SO glad you were able to take some time off! Good for you!

Unknown said...

Yea! I'm so glad you got to do NOTHING! Sometimes, that is the cure-all.