This past week, I have helped out, and participated in, the "Kris Rocks" Benefit for a very dear friend and coworker of mine. Kris has been battling Breast Cancer for the past 14 years. She is Stage IV, and it has spread to her bones and liver. BUT - - you will NEVER, EVER find a more positive, upbeat person than Kris. She is a fighter; she is determined to beat this nasty, vicious disease. And if anyone can do it, Kris is the one!
That all being said, here are the 5 things I am grateful for this week:
- Donating 10 batches of my "world-famous" brownies to the Benefit - - 8 for the Bake Sale, and 2 of my Chocolate Mint Brownies to the Silent Auction . . . and watching a "bidding war" going on over them!
- Mr. Dizzy and I spending an entire Saturday afternoon with the most amazing group of people. The entire hall was packed!
- Meeting Kris' Dad, and sharing a few tears with him while telling him what an amazing, strong person my friend, his daughter, is, and how she has inspired me over the years.
- Finally getting to hear the band "Mister Sister" play, and they are awesome! Kris' husband, David, is the keyboardist for the group. He is amazing. Actually, they all are!
- Getting to spend time with my nephew Travis, who adores Kris; she was one of his instructors in College, and they have kept in touch over the years. He made a special trip to Decatur just to be at the Benefit and spend time with her (and us, of course!)
I'm glad you had such a good day, yesterday, Kris. And don't forget - - KRIS ROCKS!!
Count your blessings - - join Grace In Small Things.