Monday, February 19, 2007

Rest In Peace, Chief

I'm pissed.

I'm not even a sports fan, and I'm pissed.

This Wednesday will mark the end of an 81 year old tradition. Thanks to Emil Jones (D-Chicago), and pressure from the NCAA, the University of Illinois is "retiring" their mascot, Chief Illiniwek.

I remember the first time I saw the Chief dance. It was such a PROUD dance, done with the utmost respect and honor to the Illiniwek Indian tribe. But according to some whiney-ass "politically correct" individuals, it is a disgrace to the American Indians.

I could see why they would feel that way if the dance was done comically, but the person portraying the Chief always did it with such power, and grace, and most of all, with RESPECT.

BUT - - some people just INSIST ON GETTING THEIR PANTIES IN A KNOT!!

And then everyone else has to pay.

So a long-time tradition has to be stopped.

Therefore, I'm PISSED. (But I think I mentioned that already, didn't I?)

AND ANOTHER THING - -

WHAT IN THE HELL RIGHT DOES EMIL JONES HAVE TO SIT UP IN CHICAGO AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO????

Emil Jones, you can kiss my Royal Italian-American ass.

Yeah, I'm pissed . . .


No comments: