Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hoosier-Bound (again!)

We must REALLY like Indiana. I mean, we have been there more in the last 6 months than we have been the last 10 years!

Yes, this weekend, we are Indiana-bound, one more time.

Saturday we are pulling out at 6:00. Yeah, I mean A.M. *yawn* We will be heading about 2 hours southeast of Terre Haute, to a little spot-in-the-road named Odon, Indiana, for a 50th Wedding Anniversary party. Dear Hubby Steve's Dad served in the Navy with the husband, and they have kept in touch ever since they were discharged. Nice family, and it should be a good time.

Saturday evening we are heading up to Indianapolis to stay the night, then Sunday morning up at 5:00 a.m. (*sheesh* I'm NOT liking the pattern that is emerging here!) so we can hit the gates of Indianapolis Raceway Park in time for the 7:00 a.m. Time Trials.

Folks, I'm NOT getting any younger here - - and these early hours are getting rough on this tired old body of mine . . . *laugh*

But what the heck - - Dear Hubby and I will have fun. I'm not really into races, but he loves them, and it's been years since we have gone over there. In fact, the last time I was at this speedway was when we were dating, so we are talking over 20 years ago!

What the heck - - I can make the sacrifice every 20 years or so for him . . . :-)

I'll let you know how it goes - - should be a fun weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Bill said...

There's nothing like the smell of race fuel in the morning!!

I hope y'all have a great trip!

The 'click' thing seems to have been a fluke btw!