Monday, September 06, 2010

Grace In Small Things: 35/2010

This week, I am going to change things up a bit....

Tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept. 7th) I am having surgery on my right foot. The Doctor has already told me that I will be off work for 3-4 weeks, will be using crutches or a kneewalker for 6-8 weeks, will not be able to drive for 2 months, and cannot return to the Gym for 3 months.

Therefore - - I am grateful that I have a job with people who are considerate and understanding, that I have health insurance benefits that allow me to take care of a medical problem when it arises, and that I have people in my life who truly love and care about me. This is being shown as follows:
  • My employer has granted me Medical Leave so that I can be off without worrying about losing my position.
  • My husband has scheduled his two weeks vacation to coincide with my first two weeks off, so that I will have someone here 24/7 in case I need something....I am SO blessed to have that man in my life.
  • My Medical Benefits is allowing me to rent a kneewalker to use instead of crutches, which is SUCH a blessing; I tried crutches, and my wrists hurt so bad I could hardly do anything.
  • When I am finally able to come back to work, my supervisor is allowing me to flex my work schedule to match my husband's, so that I don't have to worry about how to get there and back home again.
  • My friend Connie has given me many magazines to read, lent me her pair of crutches to keep around in case they are needed, and has offered to stop by every week and pick up my timesheets/time off forms to turn into my supervisor for me. She has also offered to stop at the Farmer's Market on Saturdays and pick up some fresh produce for me.
Wish me luck, and please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Count your blessings - - join Grace In Small Things.

1 comment:

Sara Storm said...

Sending prayers your way, Liz.