Thursday, October 04, 2007

I! AM! SO! EXCITED!

Oh. My. God.

I can't believe it!

(trying to catch my breath)

October 27th - - just a few days away - - I get to go to Peoria to the Women's Lifestyle Show at the Peoria Convention Center.

One of the featured speakers - -

Laurie Perry, of "Crazy Aunt Purl" fame.

I am so excited! (Oh wait, I think I said that already . . . )

ANYWAY - -

Laurie has written a book:

"Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split "

The book chronicles what Laurie goes through when her husband decides he needs to leave her in order to 'get his creativity back' . . . whatever that means. She takes up knitting mainly as a way to keep sane, and in the process, finds new friends and a new meaning to her life. Her story takes her readers into her life - - a 30-something divorced woman with 4 cats who knits - - but who manages to keep her sense of humor about her.

Her book, like her blog, is a wonderful read!

When she writes about her experiences, they really ring true with me . . . like her, I have been divorced, and just 'this side of crazy' from all the pain and hurt. She writes from the heart, and all her readers (including yours truly) adore her.

And now I get to actually MEET HER in Peoria!

I can't wait . . . :-)

P.S. You know . . . if that blasted house of mine had sold by this summer, I would have had the chance to meet BOTH of my favorite bloggers this year . . . . Kristy Sammis, whose blog "She Just Walks Around With It", was in Chicago this summer at the BlogHer Conference.

I wanted to go.

I wanted to go SO DAMN BAD.

BUT - - *sigh* - - the house did not sell this summer. So, I could not afford to go.

What a treat it would have been to meet BOTH of my favorite bloggers IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD in the span of a few short months.

Rats. Life is just SO NOT FAIR. *sigh*

No comments: