Thursday, September 20, 2012


The past week-and-a-half has been insane. INSANE.....and then some.

We are working on our usual semester "stuff" and also trying very hard to learn the new system, all the ins-and-outs and nooks-n-crannys and just how the whole damn thing works. And I'm tired. And confused. And have a headache.

And losing sleep. Seriously......

Last Friday, I was exhausted, and basically was a zombie all day. The work day FINALLY ended, and once I got hom and had some supper, it was in the jammies and hit the bed early. After sitting up reading for a bit, it was "lights out" and time for a good night's sleep.

That turned out not to be the case.

I woke up about 1-1/2 hours later, WIDE awake. For no good reason.  *sigh*

After tossing and turning for about a half-hour, I finally decided it was best to get up before all my restlessness woke up Dear Mr. Dizzy. So me and my Kindle headed out to the living room to do some reading, figuring that would make me drowsy again soon and I could head back to bed.

The next thing I know, it's 5:30 AM. I was STILL wide awake, and had been up reading all night!


My alarm was set for 7:00 AM, so I just went back to bed and kind of lightly dozed on and off until it rang, then got up.

At that point? I was really, really foggy, and felt like I was walking through clouds.

Uh oh, this was NOT going to be good. We had a full day planned, and I was running on basically NO sleep.

I got dressed and headed to the Gym, hoping a bit of physical activity would help get the blood flowing and wake me up a bit. Also, the morning was a bit on the cool side, so that would help. Right? RIGHT?

Nope. Not a chance.  *sigh*

So after an extremely brief stint on the elliptical and a few minutes on the recumbent bike, I headed back out. After a quick stop to gas up the Jeep, it was on home to get ready to meet Dad for the Caterpillar Open House.

We got to Cat right as they opened up for the festivities at 11:00 AM, and headed on in. We walked. And walked. And walked some more. Dad was having trouble getting around, so we got a wheelchair and I pushed him around the buildings. And pushed. And pushed some more.

All this with basically NO sleep, remember.....

Once we were finished with the tours, it was 1:30. Dad decided to head on back home, and we made a quick run to the house to freshen up a bit and make it to our NEXT appointment - - our former neighbors' 60th Anniversary Party.

We went there for 2 hours and talked and chatted and visited and had a pretty good time. And somehow - - SOMEHOW - - stayed awake. But I was running out of steam, and fast!

We finally made it back home. *sigh*  It felt SO good be be home and able to get all relaxed and comfy! I immediately went to bed and took a 2 hour nap, and once back awake, felt much better.

I usually don't suffer from insomnia. If it ever does happen, it's usually during times of great stress. I can only think that was the cause this time.....last week was TOTALLY horrendous (especially Wednesday, which was HELL).

I'm hoping it starts to slow down a bit soon. Please?

1 comment:

Winnie said...

I haven't seen any updates on your blog since this one and was wondering if all is ok. Hope your sleeping is back and things calmed down a bit. Just thought I would say hi!