Thursday, November 05, 2009

Okay, What's Next?

In my last post, I explained what PART of the problems were that kept me from blogging for so long, or even wanting to write ANYTHING about ANYTHING. So, here is the next part - -

My son and his wife, after 14 years of marriage, are getting divorced.

It's rough on both of them, I know, and it's rough on Mr. Dizzy and myself, and the rest of our families. But most of all, it's terribly hard on two of the most important men in my life - - my grandsons.

God, I hate that.

Mr. Dizzy and I have been trying very hard to spend as much time as possible with them to help ease the transition somewhat, but can anything do that? When you are age 7 or 10 and suddenly your Daddy is not in the picture - - heck, not even in the same STATE - - can anything "ease" you through that? I don't think so. All they know is that Daddy is not here, and even thought he calls all the time and they get to talk to him, they don't get to see him.

How do you explain that to them? HOW?

This past weekend my son was in town to see them, and from what I understand, it was difficult at best, especially for the oldest one. My heart breaks every time I think about it, and I wish there was a way I could "fix" things and make them all better. Unfortunately, I'm not a witch (hush) with magical powers. I can't wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched and make things the way I want them.

I wish I could. For those two dear boys, I wish I could. I wish I could make all the hurt and pain go away. But I can't.

And THAT is the other thing that is keeping me awake nights.

1 comment:

Ree said...

Oh, Lizzy - I'm so sorry to hear this.
XXOO