Monday, January 02, 2012

Lesson Learned.....

The first lesson learned for the new year.....

NEVER, EVER go shopping for new pillows on a windy day.

Found this out the hard way today, at Walmart. Purchased 2 new bed pillows for me and Mr. Dizzy, and put them in the cart with the rest of my groceries. Since it is WINDY and SNOWY and only 25 FREAKIN' DEGREES out today, stopped in the entry area, bundled up, and headed out the door. Barely got out the door when the wind gusted up (gusts are averaging around 40 MPH today) and there went the pillows. I was able to grab one and stop it from flying off out of the cart, but the other one? Well.....first it stopped under the wheel of a minivan that was stopped by the doors, then another gust of wind grabbed it again, and it was off down the aisle of the parking lot. A lady came up to me and said she would watch my cart for me if i wanted to go after it, and I agreed; but before I could take a step, the guy driving the minivan got out and ran after it, retrieving it for me. What an embarrassing thing.....

But, one thing positive about it - - it restored my faith in my fellow humans a bit. I mean, everyone could have just ignored the whole situation and left me to fend for myself, but two - - not one, but TWO - - total strangers came up and offered their help.

Maybe this is going to be a decent year after all. *fingers crossed*

No comments: