Saturday, November 26, 2005

Catch-up Time

Okay, I know it's been ages since I've posted, but with good reason: Not only have work and class and teaching been keeping me running, I've been suffering from tooth- and jaw-ache. Living on Advil - - without it, I'm in pain, but with it, I'm groggy as hell.

Mea culpa.

But now, I will try to catch everything up. SO - - here goes . . .

Work: It's been pretty hectic. Lots of meetings and activities going on. Everyone gearing up for Semester end (Finals week is coming up), and of course the holidays are just around the corner. Lots of things to catch up on before campus closes for Holiday Break.

**********

I got invited to the Chamber of Commerce's 53rd Annual Community Luncheon last week! There were probably about a dozen of us from the College who attended for the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Good food, and lots of good people there. I had a chance to chat with quite a few folks I had not seen in quite a while. Lots of fun.

**********

Next week I'm teaching Intermediate Word Tuesday and Thursday evenings. This should be the last class I'm teaching this semester. I'm already signed on to teach FIVE classes next semster though . . . but it's fun. I enjoy showing people how computer work, and some of the neat things you can do with software programs.

**********

My class is keeping me busy. We have now covered DreamWeaver, Fireworks, and Flash, and now are totally immersed in working on our Semester Projects. Hope I can get mine finished in time, but this TOOTH thing has been kicking my you-know-what, and it's been tough.

**********

Now about the tooth problem - - I had a crown placed about a month ago. I have had some jaw discomfort ever since, right where the dentist had given me the novocaine shot. But it was getting better. BUT - - about 2 weeks ago, my lower left jaw started giving me pain. It was not constant, so I would take a couple of Advil and it would ease up. I figured it was something to do with the crown seating itself, and that it would pass.

WRONG.

It started getting worse - - and worse - - and worse - -

Now it's to the point where I take 2 Advil every 4 hours, and if I'm (God forbid) LATE taking them, I'm in misery. The pain even wakes me up in the middle of the night, so that I'm grabbing for the Advil and the water bottle.

Last week I called my dentist and told them what was happening. After lots of discussion, they said it sounds like I am needing a root canal. They referred me to Dr. Hallam, an Endodontist. He does these things all day long, and is supposedly a "pain-free" dentist, like mine is.

I've talked to a lot of people who have been to him, and they all tell me the same thing. Seems like he's the real deal - - nice, cute, fun, and most important of all - - PAIN-FREE.

We'll see.

ANYWAY - - Monday at 1:00 p.m. is my appointment. I can't wait to get in there and get this taken care of. I have been feeling LOUSY from the discomfort and all the Advil I've been popping.

Wish me luck on Monday - - say a prayer for me - - I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: